Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Pre-kindergaten

The Pre–K program at Good Samaritan where I work is for children who will turn 5 by December 2 and move onto kindergarten in the following fall. The teacher/student ratio is 1 to 12. The group size is no larger than 12. The program designed to prepared children for the next step in schooling, kindergarten. Children in this program are exposed to the literacy, math and science concepts necessary for success entering kindergarten in the fall.

I expect my children to be able to function as a group. I encourage them to participate when activity is being presented. Children who are 4 years old are more active and have many interest each day. I consist of variety of active activities and quit as well as individual choice activities. As a teacher I facilitator the child’s learning and provide guidance. The curriculum structure recognizes the need for the children to master certain academic concepts prior as well as the need for 4 years old children to have independence and choice. I believe that I provide balance of structured, independent activity and provide developmental education in order them to move on.

No comments: